Annette’s Westgate Cafe is located in the historic Kingwood Building in West Salem. The Kingwood building originated as the Kingwood Market in 1928. Since then, the building has undergone as many renovations as occupants, however, it has never lost its historic style. As a matter of fact, you can still see the old West Salem Library from almost every seat in the dining room. Come join us for modern service in a traditional atmosphere.
At the age of 15 Annette launched her career in the food industry. Over the next 15 years Annette mastered all aspects of the restaurant business including cooking, hosting, serving, and management with lead to a district managers position.
After having 3 children, Annette purchased the Creekside Deli in Keizer. Teamed up with McNary High School’s business department Annette had the cream of the crop and the deli flourished.
After the sale of the deli Annette purchased the Westgate Cafe in 1996. The Westgate Cafe was a popular place for many years until it was forced to move in 2004 to its current location. The history of the Kingwood building is a perfect match for the Westgate Cafe which had been in business for 53 years.